2011年9月5日 星期一

George Lopez jokes while Conan mourns cancellation

George Lopez faced his audience last night for the first time since TBS announced that Thursday’s show will be his final episode. The audience booed after Lopez shared the sad news, but chuckles won out after Lopez revealed his plans for the future. “Like every TV star before me, I’ma find some crack. I’ma get on the pipe!,” he joked, at Charlie Sheen’s expense. “Lose that unwanted 110 pounds I been trying to lose. But I’m taking it good, I’m straight, believe me. I’m fine. My goddesses… are a wreck. They left me. I’m a losing teeth.” Watch the clip here or below.


 


Later in the night, Conan O’Brien, whose heralded arrival at TBS shifted Lopez to a later timeslot, honored his gracious neighbor and mourned the loss of the show. “Had it not been for George being so incredibly supportive of me I would not have come to TBS,” O’Brien said after the first commercial break. “It makes me really sad that TBS and George could not work this out … so tonight all of our thoughts are with George and his staff and his crew.”


Lopez is hitting the road, literally. He and Carlos Santana are going on tour together, beginning Sept. 3. In hindsight, though, was this parting of the ways inevitable once Lopez was pushed back to accommodate Conan?


Read more:
Five memorable moments from ‘Lopez Tonight’
TBS cancels ‘Lopez Tonight’
Conan O’Brien surprises George Lopez with Spanish skills, a mariachi band


View the original article here

沒有留言:

張貼留言