2011年7月21日 星期四

Weinergate: The Best Late-Night Jokes About Rep. Anthony Weiner's Twitter Scandal

New York Rep. Anthony Weiner has become the butt of late-night jokes after nearly-nude photos were sent via his Twitter account to a 21-year-old college student.


At first, the politician tried to downplay "Weinergate" by saying his Twitter account had been hacked. But he released a statement Wednesday admitting the photo -- of a man wearing just boxer shorts -- may be actually of him.


When asked on MSNBC if the photo was him, Weiner said, "You know, I can't say with certitude. My system was hacked. Pictures can be manipulated, pictures can be dropped in and inserted."


Joked Jon Stewart on Comedy Central's the Daily Show Wednesday: "I'm not certain of a lot of things. But there are three things in this world that I know for certain: Empire Strikes Back is the best Star Wars movie. OJ killed those people. And what my erect penis looks like in my own underwear from a bird's-eye view."


Stephen Colbert also got in on the action: "I see only two options here: Either Anthony Weiner has too many photos of his junk to keep track of, or 'Certitiude' is his nickname for his penis."


Late Late Show host Craig Ferguson also mocked Weiner. "Congressman Weiner's Twitter account was hacked 'allegedly,' and someone texted a picture of his 'junior senator'? to a college girl. Now this is good news for me because I can Google 'wiener photos' at work and not get fired."


Weiner has downplayed the scandal, which broke over Memorial Day weekend, as a joke too.


"Tivo shot. FB hacked. Is my blender gonna attack me next?" he posted on Twitter with hashtag "#TheToasterIsVeryLoyal."


He also posted on the microblogging site, "Touche Prof Moriarity. More Weiner Jokes for all my guests!"


On CNN Wednesday, he said, "When your name is Weiner, it goes with the territory.”


But, Weiner, who is married to Hillary Clinton aide Huma Abedin, admitted, "There are photographs of me in the world, yes."


The photos first showed up on conservative blog Breitbart.com.


View the original article here

沒有留言:

張貼留言