2011年8月14日 星期日

Ag commissioner candidate apologizes for Eastern Ky. jokes

LOUISVILLE, Ky (WDRB)?-- The race for Kentucky's Agriculture Commissioner is getting a lot of attention after one candidate makes jokes about Eastern Kentucky.

Democratic nominee Bob Farmer is now apologizing for the jokes. In his comedy performance at the Derby Dinner Playhouse several years ago, he said, "They didn't trust me, you know?I had shoes on, got all my teeth."

Click here to see the comedy routine posted on YouTube.

He also said, "You know why the FBI won't do any work in this county, you know why? Because all the?DNA is alike and there ain't no dental records down there."

Farmer says he didn't want to offend anyone. He says he has done the comedy routine for nearly 25 years and no one has ever complained.

His says his wife is?from Eastern Kentucky.

The video was posted by Farmer's Republican opponent, State Representative James Comer of Tompkinsville.

Click here for more information about James Comer.

Farmer is from Louisville and has no political experience.

Click here for Bob Farmer's website.

Bob Farmer issued this statement saying, "I sincerely apologize if my comments offended any of my fellow Kentuckians. Over the years I have spoken across the country to groups and shared my love for our Commonwealth and its people and hope that people see these comments as an attempt at humor not an insult."


View the original article here

沒有留言:

張貼留言