2011年4月12日 星期二

Leeds fine Bailey for Japan jokes

 Ryan Bailey is yet to start a Super League match this season due to injuryLeeds Rhinos have fined England prop forward Ryan Bailey following jokes that appeared on his Facebook page about the Japan earthquake and tsunami.

The alleged comments from the 27-year-old have since been removed from the social networking website.


But Bailey has issued an apology and, on top of being fined by his club, he has also volunteered to pay a donation to the Japanese tsunami relief fund.


"It was not my intention to offend or upset anyone," said Bailey.


"But clearly I have done that and I am deeply sorry.


"I would like to say sorry to all those who I have offended by my comments.


"Having reflected on the remarks that appeared on my Facebook page, I can see that they would be deeply offensive to those affected in the tragic scenes we have seen in Japan."


Bailey, who won four Great Britain caps before also being capped four times with England, has made 223 appearances for Leeds since making his debut in 2002.


View the original article here

沒有留言:

張貼留言