2011年5月15日 星期日

Friday's Edge: Two jokes to lighten up your day (we hope)

This came winging to us via the miracle (if you don't include spam and requests from royalty to help them transfer funds) that is email the other day. We're just sure it's from a reader, but we can't for the life of us remember which of the three of you it was.

That won't stop us from reprinting it, of course.

40 years
of marriage

A married couple in their early 60s was celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary in a quiet, romantic little restaurant.

Suddenly, a tiny yet beautiful fairy appeared on their table. She said, "For being such an exemplary married couple and for being loving to each otherfor all this time, I will grant you each a wish."

The wife answered, "Oh, I want to travel around the world with my darling husband."

The fairy waved her magic wand and -- poof! -- two tickets on the Queen Mary II appeared in her hands.

The husband thought for a moment: "Well, this is all very romantic, but an opportunity like this will never come again. I'm sorry my love, but my wish is to have a wife 30 years younger than me."

The wife, and the fairy, were deeply disappointed, but a wish is a wish.

So the fairy waved her magic wand and -- poof! -- the husband became 92 years old.

Then there
is this one

At least we know who sent us this: It came via the U.S. Postal Service from Dale Maser of Beaverton.

A man goes to a psychiatrist.

He says, "Doc, I have a problem."

The psychiatrist says, "Tell me about it."

The man says, "I have been seeing this woman for two months now."

The psychiatrist asks, "What's the problem?"

The man says, "Well, doc, nobody else can see her."

Think you
can do better?

Send us your Edge – or even a joke you like – to living@oregonian.com and include the word "Edge" in the subject field. A name and city of residence wouldn't hurt, either.


View the original article here

沒有留言:

張貼留言