2011年5月17日 星期二

'American Idol's' Stefano Langone jokes 'James is a little crybaby'

 Stefano Langone is the latest crooner sent home from "American Idol." He tells the press in his exit interview about his bromance with James Durbin and how ready he is to make his mark on the music industry.

On his surprise when Pia went home over:


"Me and Pia, we really had a close bond and I was really pulling for her. I know how bad she really wanted it. When I came out for 'American Idol,' I never really wanted to be the American Idol, it was getting my foot in the door in the music industry. I knew how bad Pia wanted to be the American Idol ... I'm proud of her, she's going to do good work. But it was very shocking."


About not completely being himself on the show:


"It's hard to really show your chops on the show. Casey really got to show his musicianship. One thing I wanted to say, that I was holding back ... my original music and my piano playing. That's something I want to show the world. I grew up playing instruments all my life ... I love music, I live and breathe it, I write so much and I cannot wait to start getting some collaborations down."


On his bromance with James:


"James is a little crybaby. [laughs] James is my brother man, we been roommates since Hollywood. He's a brother to me, I'm going to be the best man at his wedding. He lost it last night, I told him to stay focused and don't even worry about me, I'm gonna be fine ... I was just telling him not to worry about me. I did everything that I set out to do on this show. Every single thing I set out. It's gonna pay off, I'm gonna do great and I told him to keep on focusing on the show. I calmed him down a little bit. He was a wreck, he's a big crybaby." [laughs]


On why he'll be successful, as opposed to all the other 7th place finishers:


"The first thing is is timing. Everything is timing ... right now, there is a market for what I do and what I can do. The producers know it, my management knows it and I know. It's cool to get that acknowledgment. I'm ready to pounce on it, I'm ready to attack. I didn't get the opportunity to really show who I am on the show. The show is the show. As far as a musician and a performer, I wasn't able to showcase everything that I had. Partially because I chose to, but when you're going up there and singing covers for 1:30, it's hard to show what you got."

On his plans moving forward:


"I'm going in a different direction than any American Idol really has - doing collaborations with rappers, getting in the game quick ... I have the resilience, I have the willpower, I have the fight. I'm ready right now."


But does he have any rappers lined up who want to work with him?


I'm ready, I'm set, I can't wait to start work."


And is he mad Casey beat him to the J.Lo kiss?


"No, man. Probably the first kiss he's had in a long time." [laughs]


"American Idol" airs Wednesday and Thursday nights at 8 p.m. ET on FOX.


View the original article here

沒有留言:

張貼留言